Grow your super

Get your super sorted!

You’ve worked hard for your superannuation - here are a couple of ways you can maximise its potential.

Keep your super with PSSap

Great news! Eligible PSSap members who leave employment with the Australian Government may be able to have their new employer’s contributions paid into PSSap and remain a PSSap contributing member. Find out more in our news item New job, same great super fund.

Combine your super funds into PSSap

Combining your super means peace of mind- having everything in one place makes for less paperwork, and avoiding multiple fees and charges can make a big difference to your total super balance when you’re ready to retire.

If you have super in other funds and are currently employed within the APS as a PSSap Member, you can combine your funds into your PSSap account.

You can search for and combine your super using our Super Finder tool, or by completing our Transfers [PDF 843 KB] form and sending it back to us; we'll arrange the rest.

PSSap Ancillary Members who are also PSS members can roll in accumulated transfer amounts (post 1995) by logging into PSS Member Online

We'll send you written confirmation when your rollover is completed.

What amounts can I combine?

If your employer superannuation guarantee contributions are paid into PSSap, you can rollover any or all of the following amounts:

  • your super balance from other super funds
  • a directed termination payment
  • a super guarantee amount from previous employment
  • a government super co-contribution entitlement

PSSap Ancillary Members who are also PSS members and, currently employed in the APS, can also roll in accumulated transfer amounts (post 1995) and accumulated additional contributions.

Accumulated transfer amounts (post 1995) are amounts rolled into PSS from other super funds on or after 1 January 1996 (referred to as Transfer value (post 1995) on your Annual Benefit Statement) and any government co-contributions. Accumulated additional contributions are voluntary super contributions made before 1 July 2011 by members aged 70 or over at the time the contributions were made. 

If you need help in determining your best options suitable for your personal objectives, financial situation and needs consider seeking financial advice.

Tax information

We won't deduct any tax from amounts that you rollover with us if they have already been taxed.

We will deduct tax from any amount you rollover that is paid from an untaxed source. For example, amounts made on retirement, possibly to reward you for service or as part of a redundancy package and any other unfunded employer payment.

Find your lost super

More than $12 billion currently sits with the Australian Tax Office (ATO) in unclaimed super.

If you’re someone who has more than one super fund, there’s an excellent chance that some of those funds could be yours.

Now, finding lost super is easy—all that’s required is your member number and a few more personal details, and we’ll do the rest.

The ATO also has a number of ways to help you locate and manage your super.

If you require further assistance, contact us.

Need financial advice? 

If you are considering wealth building strategies such as salary sacrifice, it may be a good time to discuss your situation with an expert who understands government super. That’s because the right personal advice can help you to achieve your financial goals.

As a member of PSSap you have access to our financial advice service. CSC’s authorised* financial planners provide a personalised service that takes your objectives, financial situation and needs into account.

To book, please call 1300 277 777 during business hours or see financial advice.

* Our authorised financial planners are authorised to provide advice by Guideway Financial Services (ABN 46 156 498 538, AFSL 420367.). Guideway is a licensed financial services business providing CSC financial planners with support to provide members with specialist advice, education and strategies.